Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Clean out your fridge Quiche


I LOVE quiche. Something about the texture of baked eggs, cheese and whatever filler you want to add is very appealing to me. I make it about twice a month, and dine on it whenever the craving hits. It is modified (as is everything) to make it gluten free - just omit the crust. I never use a recipe for this one, just chuck whatever the fridge may hold in its clutches for the week.

Clean out your fridge Quiche.....

*6 eggs
*1 cup milk (or cream if you are daring enough)
*lots o' cheese, whatever you have - cheddar, parm, havarti, goat, or a mixture thereof
*seasonings (now, I use McCormick seasonings, they are gluten-free and come in a whole host of flavours like garlic, table salt, lemon pepper, cajun.....)

*Fillings:
-chopped mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, broccoli, bacon, chicken, or WHATEVER you want to add to make up 2 cups.

Mix egg and milk together in a bowl, add seasonings and cheese. Pour into a "pam-sprayed" pie plate or quiche pan (which believe it or not, I do not own). Add filling and push down into egg mixture so that it is covered. Place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. You know the drill.

Yummy goodness. I especially love the bacon, tomato, havarti cheese combo. Spinach, chicken and pinenuts is good too. Make up your own concoction and enjoy quiche. It is for real men you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am huge Quiche lover too!!! It's such a good meal AND then lunch the next day OR snack! Thank you, I'm making one SOON!!

Carrie said...

I LOVE quiche! Even my husband amazingly enjoys the stuff! It's great for leftovers!! Looks yummy!!