Thursday, May 24, 2007

Chewy cholate chip cookies

Finally I found a recipe for choco chip cookies, gluten-free of course, that stay chewy and soft. Believe it or not, it was found on the "Land o'Lakes" Butter website. It is amazing what you can find when you google "gluten-free chewy chocolate chip cookies".

2 1/4 cups gf flour**
1 tsp bp
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
3/4 cups softened butter
3/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

**gf mix I used was as follows: 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cups potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour - makes more than what is asked, store extra in container for next time!

Method: cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until frothy. Slowly add all dry ingredients until well incorporated. With a spatula add chocolate chips.

Drop on a ungreased sheet (either covered with parchment paper or not) by the spoonful. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 5-7 minutes or until JUST browning on the top. Be careful not to overbake, they lose their chewiness.

Important to allow to cool fully on sheet before moving to cooling rack. Store batter in the fridge while previous batches are in oven.

They are incredible!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am putting this in my recipe file for the day when I am not too tired to bake cookies! these sound really delish.

Karen said...

Wow- these look amazing!

Betty Jo said...

Oooooo WOW! This recipe is definitely going into my faves. I'm new to GF so am on the prowl for good recipes, blogs, and yours are awesome. Thanks for sharing!! :)

Carrie said...

those look amazing ladybug! (I love that handle!!) I can't wait to try those sometime! My hubbie LOVES chocolate chip cookies!!