Monday, May 21, 2007

Dinner from Greece

Home made hummus. Recipe is easy.....

1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
2 tbsp of organic tahini
1 tbsp garlic, minced
large handful of parsley
1 tbsp cumin
salt and pepper

Place all in a food processor and slowly drizzle olive oil in until consistency is how you like it. I personally like it a bit chunky.
Greek salad - chop up cucumber, red peppers, and roma tomatoes ( no olives or onions for this girl - but feel free) and break up feta cheese. Top with dressing of choice, although I found a new one on the market here. Renee Gourmet greek feta. On the side of the jar it states..."no artificial flavours or colours, trans fat free, source of omega-3 polyunsaturates, low in saturated fats, no added sugar, gluten-free. How can one go wrong?
Risotto (I know, I skipped a region in Europe and this is from Italy...but we love it), with butternut squash and parm cheese. Pork skewers, marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and oregano. We dipped them in tzatziki and Roger had pita bread.

A great Sunday night dinner.

Quinn ate tzatziki.

5 comments:

Lea Ray said...

Everything sounds wonderful.. I love greek food. I had a greek salad I wanted to try this week, but I can't find tahini around my area or the greek cheese that I was looking for. Hopefully I can find it this week so that I can have that wonderful food.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm drooling over here. Yummy yummy, everything looks so good! I want to try that greek salad, sans olives too, yuck. Glad you are finding foods you can have. It makes me happy.

Mike Eberhart said...

That all looks fabulous.
Not something I would make on a whim, but with planning, I could see myself giving that a try!

Sea said...

The Greek salad looks yummy. It would all go well with my regular menus!

I love your name BTW. How did Ladybug come about???
-sea

Visit my gluten free blog at:
www.bookofyum.com

Carrie said...

Wow!! Yummy! I love all that stuff! Did you cook the meat ahead of time? I will definitely have to make this! i love homemade hummus!! Thanks for sharing!! Excellent pictures!