Saturday, April 28, 2007

The best cookies ever!

My first post is dedicated to my blogger friend, Lynn, and her freetoeat blogspot. She is an amazing individual, who despite having to eliminate a whole host of foods from her diet continues to think positive and radiate creativity.

Thank you Lynn for your unwavering support of all things that make us "free to eat".

I bake something every week, so you can see where the frustration would come into play when I had to modify my favorite recipes to be gluten-free. I was stuck on baking the same things, and sadly, not as satisfied with my results. This cookie recipe will soon rank top of the food chain for me, soft, moist, chocolate-y goodness.

Pumpkin Choco Chip Cookies

1 cup honey
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup margarine, butter or shortening
1 tbsp orange juice
2 cups white rice flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together in a big bowl, stir well. Drop on an ungreased sheet and bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

*you can add/substitute raisins for chocolate chips.

Lynn, these are truly the best cookies I have tasted in a lonnnngggg time. Thank you!

4 comments:

K Allrich said...

These cookies look delicious! Wish I had one right now. ;-)

Karina

Anonymous said...

I just emailed the recipe to Steve's mom. I'm sure she'll make them and love them too! thanks!

Lynn Barry said...

Meesh! I love you too. Wish we lived closer...THANKS for how wonderful you make me feel with your enthusiasm and kind words of praise. HUGS

Lea Ray said...

These look wonderful. I will definately have to try them. I love anything pumpkin.