Friday, February 22, 2008

A new find for me!

Yet another product from Lundburg (the most amazing rice manufacture in the world) that is gluten free/vegan and organic too!

I have to be honest, we attempt very hard to eat "outside of the box", but with this amazing product, one wonders why.

The taste does not indicate that it is from a box, with easy instructions and a yummy taste. I was curious to see how the ginger miso tasted, and it was delicious!

Accompanying the rice was a beautiful baked trout with fresh herbs and garlic butter infusion, roasted carrots with curry and honey, and tender brilliant green asparagus.

All this for a Wednesday night with our two girls and my main man. We celebrated hump day, which means that the week was halfway over. We slurped up the asparagus without cutting it, ate up the still crisp carrots, lingered over the salmon and rice. We had great communication and wonderful food.

Who needs gluten anyhow?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Meesh, I know I am telling on myself here, but when we have asparagus, I steam it in the microwave with as little water as possible and put butter on it. Then I eat it with my fingers, just pick each stalk up and savor every bite. I could never eat asparagus in a restaurant because people would be looking at me like I was a wild woman!

And thank you very much for your compliment on my blog--I have worked on it for days trying to get just the look I wanted over there. I am not quite there yet, but it makes me feel so good that someone noticed.