Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins




I got adventurous and made some new muffins. Roger is taking them to work, and I need something quick and easy to eat now that I am bootcamp. They were wonderful - moist, lemony, they did not taste gluten free at all!

**for the flour I used Carole's quick mix (sorghum flour, potato flour and tapioca starch) but you could use any gluten free flour that you like.


LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. powdered milk
3 eggs
1 c. oil
3 c. gluten free flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 1/2 tbsp. poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1 1/2 tsp. melted butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Grated lemon peel from 2 lemons

Cream together sugar, powdered milk, eggs and oil. Add flour, salt and baking powder alternately to creamed mixture with 1 1/2 cups milk. Add remaining ingredients. Beat 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into muffin pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynn Barry said...

What a sweet new look MEESH...good for you. I dumped my site in a moment of menopausal mania and started a new one...you can find me now at www.somefoodsarenotmyfriends.blogspot.com HUGS Lynn formerly free to eat

Lea Ray said...

I was just searching the internet for a lemon muffin recipe. And there you are. I am going home tonight and trying these. I've been craving lemon.