Friday, January 25, 2008

Yahoo! Success in the Kitchen once again!

Roger bought me this book for Christmas, and inside it, Carol has an amazing flour recipe. It is as follows:

1 1/2 cups of sorghum flour
1 1/2 cups of potato or corn starch
1 cup tapioca flour

Now, this is the first recipe that I have tried with the above mixture, and was a bit hesitant. I love banana loaf, and when one is deemed inedible by even the daycare kids standards, a part of my soul shrivels up.

IT WAS NOT ONLY A SUCCESS, IT WAS DELICIOUS!
Here it is, cooking away, look at the domed top. The golden crust, the height. The not so clean oven. Oh well.

It was amazing warm, with real butter and raspberry jam. We ate half a loaf just yesterday alone. Below is the recipe.

Banana loaf

1 stick of butter
3 large very ripe bananas
2 cups gf flour - see above
1 cup sugar (although I used 3/4 white and 1/4 brown)
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of dried cranberries

In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar together. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and bananas. Slowly add the flour/baking powder combo until dry ingredients become moist. Stir in the cranberries. Spray loaf pan for best results.

Turn into loaf pan and bake at 325 degree oven for 1 hour 20 minutes. Do not underbake.

Yahoo!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, that looks really great! I look forward to trying that mix. Thanks for the post!

Karen
http://glutenfreefoodreviews.com

Michelle Nelson Beaulieu said...

Thank you Karen, and I look forward to reading your reviews.

Lea Ray said...

What a beautiful loaf of bread. I never make break, I need to get off my butt and try making some. Thanks for the recipe